HARDY 50 (now SOLD)
Lady Kimala was the first of Hardy 50’s and was delivered to her original owner in November 2004. Her second owner acquired her in 2011 and has continued to maintain her impeccably ever since (annual service history available). Reported by Mark Turley during MBY sea trials when launched as being ‘a rare example of a blue-water cruising vessel for motorboating enthusiasts’ and ‘finely fitted-out without forgetting the practical necessities of going afloat’ which gained her a 9/10 verdict in the report. Built to EURCD Category A and currently coded for MCA Commercial Operation if required. She has recently been lifted ashore at Buckler’s Hard on the Beaulieu River and offers an impressive specification.
Asking Price, VAT paid
Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars they should not be relied upon as being accurate and are intended as a guide only and do not constitute any part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey.
CONTACT OUR SALES OFFICE FOR MORE DETAILS +44 (0)1326 254 990 OR EMAIL SALES@HARDYMARINE.CO.UK
Interior timber is cherry with beautiful grain feature and a gloss varnish finish, complimented by the cream vinyl head-linings. The saloon sofa is upholstered in cream leather, with the wheelhouse dinette sofa in blue leather to match the helm seats. Sprung mattresses to Owner’s Stateroom and Forward Guest Cabin, 5” foam mattresses to bunk berths. Flooring in the wheelhouse and galley is of teak and holly veneer, blue carpet elsewhere.
Saloon – U-shaped settee, full length PT side cabinet for storage which also houses a drinks fridge and TV. Free standing joinery coffee table.
Dinette – L-shaped settee with fixed table that can seat 6 with 2 additional stools, located near to the galley just aft of the lower helm position.
Lower Helm – Fully adjustable helm and navigators seats with suspension finished in matching blue leather. Electronic engine and thruster controls, navigational instruments and overhead switch panel. Access steps to flybridge via watertight glazed door on PT side. Access to side decks via sliding doors PT & STBD.
Galley – Full electric galley with oven, 4-burner ceramic hob and separate microwave. Double s/s sink unit. Extensive lockers, Corian counter top, under-counter fridge & freezer.
Forward cabin – Double berth angled to PT with small settee to STBD. Hanging wardrobe and drawer storage. Opening deck window/hatch with fly-screen and blind. En-suite forward heads with Vacuflush toilet to holding tank, basin and shower (wet-room).
Side cabin – accessed via the lower lobby with twin single bunks with stowage lockers below and wardrobe at aft end, opening hull ports above upper berth. Separate heads compartment with manual toilet, sink & shower (wet-room).
Utility area – with additional freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer, workbench and stowage. Access to engine room via watertight door.
Aft Cabin – King size island double berth, vanity unit, wardrobes and drawers. En-suite heads with Vacuflush toilet to holding tank, basin and separate shower cubical. 2 large opening hatches in aft face and 3 opening hullports
Exterior – Wide, safe, one level, walk around decks with bulwarks and solid high s/s guard rail. Side and stern gate boarding points. Stern gate leads to bathing platform via curved steps. Large lazarette aft deck storage locker. Quarter deck access from PT and STBD where the Cabrio RIB with 20hp outboard is stowed via the hydraulic crane. From the quarter deck there is access to the flybridge that features a central upper helm position with navigational and engine instruments. Extensive lockers for storage of flybridge seating cushions.
|Location of Yacht||Buckler's Hard|
|First Delivered||November 2004|
|Length (Hull)||14.95m (49'1")|
|Overall length||16.13m (52'10")|
|Air draught (mast down)||4.1m (13'5")|
|Fuel Capacity||~4000 litres (~879 gal)|
|Water Capacity||~680 litres (~150 gal)|
ENGINES & MACHINERY
• Twin Caterpillar C12 700hp (serviced Oct 2020 ~1800 hrs)
• CAT multi-function displays at lower helm
• EC300 QuickShift electronic engine controls at both stations with trolling mode
• Alternators on both engines
• Emergency fuel shut-off for engines
• Hydraulic pumps on both engines, also separate 24VDC power-pack for hydraulics
• TwinDisc EC300 MGX
• Fixed pitch 4-bladed propellers driven by solid shafts in cutlass bearings.
• Traditional simple packed stern glands for reliability and safety
• Manganese bronze P-brackets
• Cathodic bonding to system to zinc anodes
• Eltrim trim tabs controlled at both helm stations
• Stainless steel rudders and stocks
• Hydraulic steering system
• Hydraulic tunnel bow thruster, dual speed
• Vetus GLS14 (14kW) generator in engine room with sound shield (~800 hrs)
220V AC & 24V DC ELECTRICS
• 2x Victron combi units, 3000W inverter output each
• Ships AC system automatically switches to inverters when no shore/generator power
• Varta ~300A 24V domestic bank of AGM service batteries (new Dec 2020)
• Independent banks for engine start with emergency parallel switch
• Generator start battery
• 2x Raymarine E120 radar/plotter displays at lower helm
• 1x Raymarine E120 radar/plotter display at flybridge
• 2x Raymarine VHF systems, 2 handsets at each helm station, with hailer/horn function
• Raymarine 4ft open-array radar scanner on mast
• Raymarine stand-alone GPS
• Raymarine ST60 MFD’s for speed/depth/wind
• Raymarine autopilot and joystick controller
• CCTV with camera in engine room and on mast looking aft, display at lower helm
HEATING & VENTILATION
• Eberspacher hydronic diesel-fired boiler circulating hot water to separate controllable units in each cabin, the galley area and the saloon. The hot water calorifier is also heated.
• HFL Klima refrigerated air-conditioning throughout with controllers in each cabin, also reverse cycle for heating, uses the same system as the Eberspacher heater
• Built-in dehumidifier in saloon locker
• Forward wheelhouse windows electrically de-misted
• Forced ventilation and extraction to the engine space
• Extractor fan in forward heads compartment
• 24VDC pressurized hot/cold-water system with back-up pump, large calorifier heated by 220V, starboard main engine cooling water and the central heating system
• 300 litre holding tank with automatic monitoring
• 24V electric macerator pump overboard
• deck pump-out facility
Grey water system:
• Shower and basin in all 3 heads plus galley sink are piped to mini-tanks with automatic electric pump-out overboard
• 6x electric submersible pumps with automatic sensors are installed in each of the watertight compartments
• Bilge pump isolators are fed by a permanent 12v/24v supply even when the domestic circuit is isolated
• Emergency portable manual bilge pump with an extended suction hose that will reach any of the compartments
• 4 x mooring warps
• 7 x fenders
• 7 x dry powder fire extinguishers (serviced 2019)
• Fire blanket in galley
• 2 x MCA Approved life buoy with floating line
For a more detailed specification and to arrange a viewing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Sales Office on +44 (0)1326 254 990.
For a video tour of her recently sold sister-ship click HERE